How to disable Hub Login Security to recover access
If you accidentally lock yourself out of access to the hub, you can disable Hub Login Security by accessing the Advanced settings of hubs registered to you.
NOTE: Credentials for Hub Login Security are saved locally and Hubitat support staff cannot retrieve them for you.
Disable Hub Login Security
- On the hub, press the Hubitat Elevation logo to navigate to the home screen.
- Select the My Account card. This will take you to https://my.hubitat.com/
- If you are not logged in with the Admin account belonging to the hub from which you want to remove Hub Login Security, press the link shown to logout.
- Enter an email address and a secure password for the Admin account belonging to the hub from which you want to remove Hub Login Security.
- NOTE: If forgot your password, please see the Reset Forgotten Password section below.
- Select the Registered Hubs card to show a list of your hubs that are registered.
- Select Hub Details.
- Press the Advanced button to show the option to Disable Hub Login Security.
- Select the Disable Hub Login Security button.
Reset a Forgotten Account Password
Follow these step to reset an account password you have forgotten.
- Select the Forgot Password? link.
- Press the Send button and then check your email account for a confirmation code.
- The email sender is email@example.com.
- NOTE: Check your email SPAM or JUNK folders if you cannot find the email in your inbox.
- Select the Have confirmation code? link.
- Enter the confirmation code that was sent to the email account you submitted in Step 2, then enter your new password and press Change Password.