Hubitat® Simple Lighting
Hubitat™ Simple Lighting is designed to be, the simplest way to automate lights in your home. You can control both lights and switches by easily selecting a wide range of triggers to turn them on or off. In the following example, we will create a rule that turns our hallway light when there is motion and turns them off 4 minutes after motion has stopped.
Installing Hubitat™ Simple Lighting
- From the Hubitat Web Interface select Apps
- Choose the Hubitat™ Simple Lighting from the list of Hubitat Elevation™ Built-In Apps
Creating a Hubitat® Simple Lighting Rule
- Select Apps from the home page of your Hubitat Web Interface, open the Simple Lighting App.
- Click on Create New Simple Lighting Rule
- Select Which Lights Do You Want To Control? and check all lights that apply, then Save.
- Select what will be the trigger for your Hubitat™ Simple Lighting rule, such as Motion.
- Choosing Turn on & set level when Motion Starts will allow you to specify the brightness level you want the light to turn on to when motion is detected. Set Turn off when motion stops so your lights will not stay on, and then specify for how long they should stay on when motion is no longer detected.
- By default, Hubitat™ Simple Lighting will generate a long name based on the names of lights and devices in your rule. To modify this, turn on the Edit Rule Name option and type your desired name.
- If you click on the restrictions button, you will be presented with a number options to limit when your rule activates:
- Only Between Two Times - Your rule will only be active between two specified time periods.
- Only on certain days of the week - Select the days you want the rule active.
- Only when mode is - Select the modes when you want this rule to be active.
- Only when illuminance is - Here you will select an illuminance sensor and select if you want the rule active above or below a certain light level.
- Switch to disable Simple Lighting Rule - Select a switch that will disable this Hubitat™ Simple Lighting rule. One example, could be to allow you to use a Rule Machine® rules to control your lights in different way, and when such rules are active, you don't want your Hubitat™ Simple Lighting rule to be active.
- When you are satisfied with your Hubitat™ Simple Lighting rule selections, choose Done.