Drivers Code v1
Hubitat Elevation™ continues to add to its list of included drivers. However, the generous Hubitat community continues to create drivers for devices we haven't integrated yet. When you find one you want for your device, you will need to install it on your system.
Installing custom drivers
- The developer of the app will normally post a link to their driver code. Follow their directions to get to the source code. Select and copy the code.
- From your Hubitat Elevation™ Web Interface, select Drivers Code in the side bar.
- Select the +New Driver button in the upper right corner.
- In the blank text field, simply paste the driver code.
- Select the Save button in the top right of the page. When the "modified" goes away, your driver is saved.
Note: You may experience an error in this step. If you do, your driver will not save and it will not work. Please contact the developer of the driver in the forum. It is usually best if you take a screen shot to help them diagnose the problem. Once the code is fixed, come back and try again.
Loading your custom driver
Once your driver has successfully saved, you will need to update your device(s) with the new driver.
- From the home page of the Hubitat Elevation™ Web Interface, select Devices in the side bar.
- Select the device for which you want to add a new driver. This opens the Edit Device view. Scroll down to find the Type field. The name of a driver will be listed there. Select the drop-down menu and then choose the new device driver that you want to install. Custom drivers appear at the bottom of the list under the heading User
- Select the Save button to the left of your screen.
Your driver is now installed and will used by that device.