WARNING: Performing a Full Reset will return the hub to initial settings. Zigbee and Z-Wave radios will be reset, and cloud connections will no longer work without registering again. If your hub is not functioning correctly, consider a Soft Reset instead and manually reset each radio.
Performing a Full Reset
- Navigate to http://[Your Hub IP]:8081/ and you will see the Hubitat Diagnostic Tool* main page.
- NOTE: (Replace [Your Hub IP] with the IP address of your hub)
- Choose Full Reset
- If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to log in. The password is the MAC address which is printed on a sticker on the bottom of your hub, but you may also find it by going to Settings in your Hubitat Web Interface and choosing Hub Details
- NOTE: For your privacy protection, the login is set to timeout periodically. If you see Error 401 displayed, please Log Out of the Diagnostic Tool, then close all your browser's windows and log back in using the hub's MAC address. You can find you hub MAC address on the bottom of your hub, or go to Hub Details for information on how to find your hub MAC address from the Hubitat Web Interface.
- The Full Reset page will open and you will need to type "full reset" into the input box and then press the Full Reset button
- Once the Full Reset has completed, the hub will shutdown and its light on the front will be Red.
- Make sure the light on the front of your hub is Red, and then unplug your hub from its power source for a minimum of 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- When the light is Blue go to Hubitat Portal to register your hub. Following successful registration, the light on the hub will be Green (C-5 and later only).
Missing Diagnostic Tool
The following two steps are required if you you do not have the newest "Hubitat Diagnostic Tool" installed, or otherwise don't see the Full Reset option when accessing it from port 8081.
- Navigate to http://[Your Hub IP]/hub/cloud/installLatestUpdateTool and it will install the latest Hubitat Diagnostic Tool.
- NOTE: Replace [Your Hub IP] with the IP address of your hub.
- Proceed to http://[Your Hub IP]:8081 and then continue following the steps in this document.