Life 360 is a recommended smartphone app for staying connected with your family. Hubitat Elevation™ can use your Life 360 account to detect your presence and automatically change modes or turn devices on or off when family member come and go. Here’s how to get connected.
Start by downloading the Life 360 App on your phone. If you already have an account, skip to the next section.
- Visit www.life360.com on your smartphone.
- Click on the Download Free App button and follow the instructions for installation.
- When you open the app you will be asked to enter an email address and password. Remember these for connecting to your Hubitat Elevation hub.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your circle, home location and any family members you want in your circle.
Now it’s time to connect your Life 360 account to your hub.
- Load the Life 360 Connector app in your Hubitat Web Interface.
- Click Life360 Login Credentials.
- Enter your Life 360 email address in the User ID box.
- Enter your Life 360 password in password box.
- Click Done.
- A Select Your Circle drop-down menu will appear. Select your circle (most likely “family”).
- Select Your Place from the drop-down menu (most likely “home”).
- Select Family Members from the drop-down menu.
- In the Options... box you have the choice to turn Enable debug logging on, which can assist with troubleshooting.
- Click the Done button.
You are now connected to your Life 360 account. Each member you selected in the app will be available as a presence sensor in Rule Machine® and other apps to use as a trigger or condition in your automations.
If you add circles or family members to your account you will also need to go back into the Life360 add them to the Life 360 Connect app in your Hubitat Web Interface.