Link to Hub
When two Hubitat Elevation™ hubs run on the same local network, it is possible to view and control devices from one hub, on the other. On the Master hub, this is accomplished with the built-in app called Hub Link, which can be used to link devices on a SmartThings hub to a Hubitat Elevation™ hub, and can also share devices from between two or more Hubitat Elevation™ hubs, with the help of an app named Link to Hub. Here's how to get started:
Installing Link to Hub
- From the Hubitat Web Interface select Apps
- Choose the Link to Hub from the list of Hubitat Elevation™ Built-In Apps
Configuring Link to Hub
- On the Hubitat Elevation™ Remote hub, install and setup the built-in app, Link to Hub. This app is similar to the Send Hub Events SmartApp used to link a SmartThings hub to Hubitat Elevation™.
- Enter the IP address of the Master Hub, which is the hub you will be sharing devices with. You may select which devices on the Remote hub you want to appear on the Master hub. NOTE: Hubs must be on the same Local Area Network and must share the same subnetwork.
- To mirror the mode changes from the Master Hub to the Remote hub, enable the Send mode changes switch.
Using this setup, devices selected in the Link to Hub app on the Remote hub are available for the Master hub as if they were connected directly. Therefore, any virtual devices shared by way of Link to Hub, will also be available to use in automations on the Master hub, just as they would with a single hub. You can also setup Hubitat™ Dashboard on the Master hub to monitor and control devices on the Remote hub.
About Virtual Device Management
After selecting Done, corresponding virtual devices are created on the Master hub, each with the same name as the physical device on the Remote hub. If you deselect a device previously selected in Link to Hub, the corresponding virtual device is not removed from the Master hub. It must be removed manually, but if you remove the Hub Link app on the Master hub, all of the virtual devices it has created will be removed.
These virtual devices have special names starting with the letter v, and should not be modified. These are used for the two-way communication coming back from Hub Link when the virtual actuator devices on the Master hub are used to control the physical devices on a Hubitat Elevation™ Remote hub. If you deselect an actuator device previously selected in Link to Hub, the corresponding special virtual device on that Remote hub is removed. If the Link to Hub app is removed, all the special virtual devices will also be removed.