Send Hub Events
Hubitat Elevation™ provides an integration to help smooth your migration from SmartThings, or as needed for devices that only work in SmartThings, when the primary hub is Hubitat Elevation™. This makes it is possible to continue to use devices on your SmartThings hub until migration is complete. On the Master hub, this is accomplished with the built-in app called Hub Link, which is used to link devices on your SmartThings hub to your Hubitat Elevation™ hub. Here's how to get started:
Installing Send Hub Events
- Install Hub Link on your Hubitat™ Elevation hub and enter the IP address of your SmartThings hub. The IP address of the SmartThings hub can be found in the SmartThings IDE under My Hubs. NOTE: The SmartThings hub and the Hubitat Elevation™ hub must be on the same Local Area Network and must share the same subnetwork.
- Sign-in to the SmartThings IDE at https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
- Choose My SmartApps at that top, then click the Create New SmartApp button on the right.
- Select the From Code tab and paste the code copied from this link [Click HERE]
- Select the Create button at the bottom.
- Choose Publish, and select For Me from the drop-down that appears..
- Enter the IP address of your Hubitat Elevation™ Hub which can be found on the Settings page by selecting Hub Details.
- Select the devices in your SmartThings hub that you want to appear on your Hubitat Elevation™ hub. These will primarily be sensor devices. If you need more than one attribute of a sensor in Hubitat Elevation™, you can use the Omni Sensor selection to select devices that report multiple attributes.
- Save the SmartApp from the SmartThings mobile app, and Send Hub Events will send your device selections to your Hubitat Elevation™ hub. The Hub Link app will create virtual devices for each SmartThings device and label them with the same name as found on SmartThings. The name shown on your Hubitat Elevation™ hub may be edited if you wish, but don't edit the Device Network Id, since this is used by the two systems to identify devices.
- Events for the devices you selected on SmartThings will now happen for shadow virtual devices on your Hubitat Elevation™ hub. These special virtual devices can by used in Rule Machine® or other automations on your Hubitat Elevation™ Master hub.
About Send Hub Events
This is a one-way integration. Events that happen on SmartThings are sent to Hubitat Elevation™. Events that happen in Hubitat Elevaton™ are not sent to SmartThings. If you try to operate the special virtual shadow devices on your Hubitat Elevation™ hub, no corresponding action will occur on your SmartThings hub.
If you remove one of the selected devices from SmartThings, the shadow virtual device on your Hubitat Elevation™ hub will still exist, but will no longer function. You will have to remove it manually from your Hubitat Elevation™ hub. Similarly, if you de-select one of the selected devices on your SmartThings hub, the shadow virtual device on you Hubitat Elevation™ hub will have to be manually removed.
If you remove a shadow virtual device from Hubitat Elevation™, that has no effect on SmartThings and you should therefore de-select them from the Send Hub Events SmartApp. If you remove Hub Link from your Hubitat Elevation™ hub, it will attempt to remove all of the shadow virtual devices, but this may fail if any of those devices are still in use by apps on your Hubitat Elevation™ hub.